Hey everyone! Hope you’re having a pleasant start to the weekend! After posting this I’m going to enjoy some much needed me time with a face mask and painting my nails while catching up on Made In Chelsea. I honestly don’t know why I watch it. I think it’s the outfits and Lucy Watson snark that draws me in.
Also, my pictures turned out really dull this time round, mirroring the weather outside.
01. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in Beige 40 :: Review :: I’ve mentioned this many times before, but if I’m ever in the vicinity of Palladium, the Chanel store draws me in like a magnet. This time I had a purpose! I repurchased the VA foundation in a better matched shade. The previous one was a bit too dark for me and almost over. I love the sheer but buildable coverage, it looks natural if you buff it in well. No complaints at all.
02. OPI Purple With a Purpose :: Had to opt for more natural shades on my hands this past month so I had to suffice with brighter colours on my toes! As usual, I love the wide brush and one coat formula.
03. Mac Powder Blush in Sunbasque :: Review :: Sunbasque is a terracotta and gold shimmer blush, which oddly looks mauve in the picture above. This is possibly the only bronzey blush I own but it goes well with any kind of lip/eye combination. It does contain shimmer but never looks over the top. It’s a Sheertone Shimmer formula which makes it very foolproof!
04. Chanel Nail Polish in Rose Cache :: Rose Cache is a really nice pale mauvey pink. I not very impressed with the formula (considering the price) but I do love the colour.
05. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Lionfish :: Review :: Ever so often something snaps in me and I whip out my brown eyeliners (there are two). Lionfish has an amazing smudge proof and long wearing formula. I’ve been wearing this on my lower lash line all the way through with a little bit of black at the outer edges to create a gradient.
06. Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream :: I do like it a lot so far, it does the job. I only use half a pump at night but come morning, my eye area looks very hydrated.
07. Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Mirage :: I’ve been wanting to try these for a really long time. I ended up picking Mirage and Epatant. Mirage has been getting a lot more love though, since it’s a great brown neutral. The shimmer can look a bit too much in the pot but on the lids it’s very subtle and goes really well with my lid colour. Also, the child in me loves the squishy texture. It also lasts all day and there’s no fallout or smudging. You can really sheer it out or build it up.
08. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Peach :: Review :: I feel like I talk about this in every favourites post but it’s seriously so well loved. Can’t go without it. It never really creases on me, which I hear is what a lot of people complain about. Once set with powder, it lasts all day.
09. Mac Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Sea Worship :: There’s one SA at my local Mac store who knows my weakness. After picking my B2M shade, she promptly swatched Sea Worship on my hand and I went weak in the knees. Damn. I had also previously seen swatches which swayed my mind. It’s one of those purchases which I’m not quite sure why I made, but the end result is pure joy! It’s a khaki bronzey inbetween shade with real depth of shimmer, very pigmented and long lasting.
10. Mac Lipstick in Hug Me :: Loving this is easy because I didn’t actually pay for it. That somehow makes me more fond of it. It’s a Back 2 Mac! Hug Me is a nude pink in a Lustre formula which is one of my favourites. It’s sheer, buildable, very comfortable on the lips. You do need to reapply it from time to time but I don’t mind.
11. Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint in Rich Russet :: Review :: I forgot to include this in the picture but along with Mirage, I’ve been wearing this a lot to work. Basically, I wore Mirage if I had time to do my makeup at home before work. Rich Russet was in my purse to wear on the go. Love them both.It feels cool and glossy but blends easily and in seconds, sets to a powdery finish. I’m currently using up Rich Russet so I don’t feel guilty about owning both, By Terry Bronze Moon and Chanel Mirage. Seriously though, I need to stop buying cream eyeshadows.
That’s all for this month folks! Let me know what you’ve been loving!