Hope everyone had lovely holidays! I think half my classmates got married just this weekend. I’m a very passive facebook user, logged in after a long time and the wedding photos were overwhelming! It was lovely though.
Time to get teary eyed about all my favourites this year now!
It took a long time to create this post, mainly because I went through my entire collection to pick things out. Ended up with 30 lipsticks that I narrowed down to around 10. Emotional heart-breaking decisions all over the place! I’m also positive that I’ve missed out some things which I will conveniently remember after the post is published.
To be honest, I tried to not include products that I’ve mentioned too often the year before. A lot of these products I’ve mentioned in favourites but haven’t reviewed them yet. Bear with me, they’re coming! These are a mix of products I used on an everyday basis or ones I wore on special occasions which brought them to the top of the list.
Let me know your year round favourites or leave a link to your post, I love reading these kind of roundups!
- Dior Diorskin Nude Powder Makeup SPF 10 in Apricot Beige :: I carry this in my handbag for when I need to touch up or mattify my T-zone. It’s very soft and blendable. I also love that it comes with a huge mirror, it’s very handy on the go.
- Mac Face and Body Foundation in C4 :: Review :: Holy grail foundation right here. Still a favourite. It gives a lovely buildable finish, flash photography proof and lasts long as well. Compared to a lot of high end foundations, this is also relatively more affordable.
- Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in Bronze :: Review :: I was out of my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and so I decided to use this. It evens out my skintone, it’s moisturising and also lasts throughout the work day. Also contains SPF so I only wear this in the mornings.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light :: Review :: Just a light application of the powder also helps to minimize pores, mattify and give your skin a smoother appearance. Obviously, it’s not going to make that zit vanish, it’s effects are subtle.
- Mac Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NW35 :: Review :: Holy grail concealer right here. It’s a light but pigmented liquid, great for dry skin. It doesn’t crease on me and lasts around 8 hours.
- Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette :: Review :: Do I really need to explain any further? It’s pigmented, blendable, buttery and all the things you look for in an eyeshadow (or atleast I do). The colour selection is great for neutral and more adventurous looks. But yes, I wish the packaging was better.
- Mac Technakohl Liner in Graphblack :: Review :: Holy grail eyeliner right here. It’s retractable, so no sharpening needed. It’s a softer black and very creamy. I can use this on my waterline without any smudging or irritation. It’s also waterproof which is great for me because I have very watery eyes!
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Black :: I’m actually looking for alternatives to the Mac one because it is expensive to repurchase all the time. I have used this one lot throughout the year, it’s a bit more creamy than Technakohl but I like using this when I want something more black and intense.
- Mac Texture Eyeshadow :: I bought this eyeshadow this year and I’ve been loving this shade as an all over lid colour. I’ve used Urban Decay Buck for a long time and Texture is more orange/yellow toned and matte with very subtle shimmer. I like wearing just this and eyeliner.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Buck :: Review :: I’ve used this for years now as my all over lid shade. It’s a taupe brown which is also close to my natural lid colour. It evens out my lid and makes it appear very smooth. It also lasts all day.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers :: You might have noticed the lack of mascara in this post. That’s because I actually don’t wear mascara that often. But I do like curling my lashes! I love these Shu Uemura ones and they hold the curl for a long time.
- Nars Blush in Deep Throat :: Review :: It’s relatively new in my Nars blush collection. Think of it as the less shimmery sister of Orgasm. It’s peachy pink with gold shimmer, it’s sheer and lasts all day.
- Mac Cream Colour Base in Improper Copper :: Review :: It’s the first cream highlighter I’ve used and I love it. It’s peachy gold and gives a natural but glowing effect. It looks so good when you are wearing gold jewelry.
- Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop :: Review :: One of my prized muted rosy pink blushes. I love the formula as well. It feels very buttery to touch but it’s sheer and buildable, not powdery at all and lasts 8+ hours. I’m so tempted to get all the other shades as well! (Stop me)
- Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Highlighter in Rose Illumination :: Review :: If you’re looking for that perfect rose gold highlighter, this one fits the bill. The finish, formula, packaging, everything is just perfect. I almost always wear this when I’m going out.
- Canmake Cream Cheek in CL01 :: Review :: is cute little thing has been in my handbag for many months. Don’t let the red scare you. It’s sheer, easy to blend with your fingers and gives a very natural pink look.
- Mac Blush in Pinch Me :: Review :: Another one of my prized muted rosy pink blushes. This is a bit more pigmented than Ginger Pop and also more pink.
- Mac Flat Out Fabulous Lipstick (Retro Matte) :: Review :: It was between this and Girl About Town. I just feel like I wore Flat Out Fabulous at times which are more memorable. Both are bright pinks that I wore often this year but I think the Retro Matte formula deserves a mention in this years round up. It’s a purple-y fuchsia, matte but comfortable on the lips.
- YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Ultimate Beige :: Review :: It’s my defacto lipstick and a really great MLBB shade for my skintone. It’s very creamy and lightweight. I wish it lasted longer but I still love this lipstick. It’s one I’d repurchase if I ran out (which by the looks of it is bound to happen).
- Cle de Peau Enriched Lip Luminizer in 203 :: Review :: It’s similar to YSL Ultimate Beige but sheer. It’s very moisturising and a great colour for my skintone. Also, that packaging is so stunning! The applicator is perfect for smaller lips like mine.
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Liberte :: Review :: More sheer lipstick goodness! Chanel Liberte is a shade that looks peachy pink on my lips but doesn’t wash me out! That’s very rare guys! Love the moisturising formula. It’s also one of my office appropriate shades.
- Mac Mocha Lipstick (Satin) :: Review :: I had a brown lipstick phase this year and Mac Mocha was the winner. It walks a fine line between pink and brown which looks really great. The formula isn’t forgiving on dry lips but over a lip balm it lasts long and looks great.
- L’oreal Moist Matte Lipstick in Lincoln Rose :: Review :: I think the L’oreal Moist Matte Range was one the best lipstick launches in India this year. I really do like the formula, it’s a good dupe for the Mac Retro Mattes too. Lincoln Rose is very stunning warm red. The velvet matte finish looks great too.
- Mac Lip Pencil in Soar :: Went into Mac to get the lip pencil in Whirl which (as usual) was sold out, so I walked out with Soar before the whole Kylie Jenner lip thing happened! I was lucky! It’s a plummy muted pink. It’s a bit drying which is expected but lasts so long. I was mainly looking for a lip liner to layer under all the sheer MLBB shades I have and this one is perfect. I might just be in a lip liner phase.
- L’oreal Shine Caresse Lip Gloss in Lolita* :: Review :: It’s so shocking to find a lip gloss that lasts long. This is good dupe for the YSL Glossy Stain. The shade Lolita gives a nice hint of pink over the lips. It’s great if you want a subtle sheer nude.
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist :: Also one of the best releases this year. I love these lip creams, they are so comfortable to wear. I find them less drying than the Hourglass Opaque Rouge but they don’t last as long on me. The shade Nude-ist is a nice rosy pink.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Curviest Caramel :: Review :: You’re tired of all the neutral shades, right? It’s the last one, I promise! Curviest Caramel is very creamy, moisturising and a great MLBB shade. I love lip crayons and this is definitely one of my favourites among them all.
- Guerlain Gloss D’enfer Maxi Shine Lip Gloss in Tangerine Vlam :: You should definitely give this a try if you’re at a Guerlain counter. It’s bright orange but looks more wearable on the lip. It also has subtle gold shimmer throughout which is so pretty. Like the Chanel Glossimers, these are very lightweight and non-sticky. One of the most comfortable lip glosses.
- Chanel Taboo :: Review :: Galaxy in a bottle. It’s a lovely mix of dark purple, copper and blue shimmer. Great formula.
- Butter London Toff :: Review :: It’s a muted plummy pink, appears slightly darker on the nail. It’s a one coater guys!
- Max Factor Fantasy Fire :: Review :: A very complex duochrome shade that I can’t describe accurately. Please go see the review. This tiny bottle has a magical nail polish!
- China Glaze Fast-Track :: Review :: Sure, it looks dull in the bottle but it’s a really pretty sandy beige shade with gold shimmer. One of the best neutral nail polishes I have.
- Zoya Perrie :: Review :: Radiant Orchid right here. If you don’t like Marsala you can cling to Zoya Perrie in denial to remember this stunning shade!
*PR Sample. This post contains affiliate links.