Dior 5 Couleurs in (034) Gris Gris is a 5 shade palette which is perfect for smokey eyes. All the shades are pearlescent with the central black one having shimmer. All of them are very pigmented. They go on very smoothly and blend quite easily as well. I’ll be posting a smokey eye tutorial with this palette some time next month as well. I’ll update with a link here then.
The packaging is really great and sturdy. Its meant to be a palette for travel with a good sized mirror. If you are the type who goes for specific looks and needs them quite often, these palettes are quite handy. the quality and amount of product si great. Yes, its terribly overpriced but if you collection 5 MAC or Inglot shadows with a palette, the price wouldn’t be any different in terms of the range.
This is my go to palette when I’m getting ready for a night out in a hurry and I just need everything in one place.
I’ll describe the 5 shades below. They are in the order that is swatched. Also, I’ve made up names, since none were given in the palette.
01. Blue White – This comes of as a blue based silver. It has slightly less pigment and more shimmer. It works very well as a inner corner highlight but also as a lid colour to create gradient. Fall out is minimal.
02. Dark grey – This grey is darker and has more brown in it. Its such a beautiful colour. This along with the other grey and black are best shades in this palettes in terms of quality. The pigmentation is good and no fallout. They look better when applied with a damp brush. Its also a good crease colour if you are going for a lighter look.
03. Light Grey – This a a lighter blue based grey. It’s a good overall lid colour. It applies really really well and goes on very smoothly. Pigmentation, like I said, is quite good. Its quite opaque. No fallout either.
04. Pearly white – Its a gorgeours pearl white with shimmer. Its a good brow or highlight colour. Its more coarse than the grey ones but overall the quality is still good.
05. Black – Its a dark brownish black with multicolour shimmer although that’s only noticeable when observed closely. Very pigmented and smooth. It also blends quite easily. Very good as a crease colour.
Photos and swatches below!
The swatch below is in natural light.
The swatch below is taken with flash.
Name: 5 Couleurs Palette
Colour : 034 Gris Gris
Product Amount : 6g
Pigmentation : Highly pigmented
Consistency: Buttery smooth with shimmer.
Finish and Texture : Pearl Finish. The lighter shadows (white) is coarser. But grey and black ones are quite smooth.
Fall Out : Minimal fallout.
Crease : Doesn’t crease.
Durability : Lasts over 8 hours.
Price : £38 ~ Rs. 2,775
Overall : 4/5