Time for the monthly favourites. I’ve had such a crazy Monday, I just want to talk about makeup! A bunch of things I’ve been using for the last 2-3 months and some are more recent favourites. So here goes!
01. Lorac Pro Palette :: So I finally got this a few months back and it’s pretty much replaced my UD Naked palette. I love the colours! I’ve used it for subtle everyday looks, night outs with smokey eyes and shimmery looks. Also used it on Diwali and I have a few weddings coming up where this will be my palette of choice! The quality is so great. The eyeshadows are very very dense in form and hence you get that buttery feel, they also don’t crease and stay on for hours on end. I highly, highly recommend it. At $42 dollars it’s one of the more affordable ones. I still love my UD Naked though, please don’t make me choose!
02. Nuxe Rêve de Miel Honey Lip Balm :: I get what you people are raving about! Okay, so I hate that it’s in a pot even though it looks amazing. I can’t really carry it around with me. That aside, I love the slight gritty but smooth texture and now there’s none of that glossy sheen. It’s very thick and moisturizing, it’s perfect. I love the scent as well.
03. Klorane Nettle Shampoo :: This is the shampoo I’ve been using for the last 6-7 months. I’m on my third bottle now and I just wanted to wait and see if it really worked before I talk about it. For a while, my main concern with hair was reducing hair fall. That’s under control now and I noticed my scalp had been more oily than usual. I’d have to shampoo almost every other day which is terribly inconvenient and it’s a process that makes the situation worse over time. Now I know a shampoo can’t completely reverse your scalp condition, a lot of things like diet, hormones etc are at play. But I wanted to use a gentle shampoo that also helped with oil control. This has a very herb like scent which I like, it feels very cool on the scalp and also lathers a bit. It still does a good job of cleaning up though. I can now wait upto 3 days still I need a wash. Of course, sometimes if I’m out in the sun a lot, my hair will get greasier more quickly but overall, instead of shampooing 4-5 times a week, it’s now 3-4 times a week. I’m hoping it’ll improve with more time but for now I’m happy with the progress!
04. YSL Glossy Stain in Corail Aquatique :: This has been my nude lip of choice. It’s my first YSL Glossy Stain and I love the formula. It really is long wearing and transfer proof. Wearing a sheer lip that lasts that long is really amazing. Corail Aquatique is a very peachy pink shade, it really brightens the lip and adds warmth.
05. Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream in Bronze :: I’ve been using this for past 2-3 months and it’s much like a mattifying tinted moisturizer with SPF. I do like the colour correcting aspect of it. I have redness near my nose and cheeks and it does cancel it out. It also evens out my skintone without looking ashy. It lasts well for 6 hours, but it’s not very visible at the end of the day. I wouldn’t wear this out at night due to the SPF but for something light at day time, this is perfect. I prefer the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer for the colder months as it’s more dewy but the matte finish here was perfect for the summer months. The only slight hitch is that it can emphasize dry patches so it’s best to wear a good amount of moisturizer underneath where necessary.
06. MAC ‘The Simpsons’ Lipglass in Red Blazer :: You cannot expect me to pass up a Simpsons collection. It cannot be done. I am proud that I only picked up one thing from the collection though! I’ve never really had a Mac Lipglass before and I like how pigmented this is. It’s a bright fuchsia with purple shimmer, really gorgeous.
07. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heartbreaker :: This was lost in my lipstick stash and I rediscovered it while working on my Berry Lips post, it’s such a lovely berry shade. It’s more pink but it’s not too dark. I hate the Rimmel lipstick scent, it’s so artificial and just weird but I can put up with it for the colour. I’ve been loving wearing this in the evenings when I go out.
08. Butter London Nail Polish in Indigo Punk :: I have a very strange collection of nail polishes here. Indigo Punk is a really gorgeous blurple micr0shimmer polish. You can get it nice matte opaque look in 5 coats. very quick to try as well. The only problem is that on some occasions it just completely peels off! It’s mostly happened on my left hand and I think it has something to do with the usage of soap and water. But I love the colour so I’ll just reapply it quietly.
09. Essie Nail Polish in Clambake :: Fortunately, these Essies don’t have any formula issues. Clambake is a one coater bright orange. It’s more red but still distinctly orange. I love the colour, it’s very brightening and I like the gel like formula as well.
10. Essie Nail Polish in Penny Talk :: While this looks more gold in the bottle, on the nails it’s a rose gold foil. It’s beautiful and so metallic. It can apply a bit streaky so you need to be a bit more careful.
Well, that’s all for now. Let me know what you’ve been loving in the past month!