It’s time for my annual pilgrimage to Goa. Four days of sun, sand, cheap booze and even cheaper petrol! The weather right now is as pleasant as it can get, it’s going to be perfect!
Every year we go to a different beach and this time we’ll be exploring Morjim and Ashwem. Let me know your favourite Goa haunts! I’m excited!
This time I thought I’d put up an ‘Essentials’ post, also a good excuse to discuss travel minis. I pretty much carry a similar amount of things when I travel there (or anywhere else). There’s a little bit more makeup than usual this time round because I’m also celebrating my anniversary there (on 23rd) and to quote my boyfriend, “We need to dress up”.
- Korres Guava Body Butter : Review : I’m on a mission to use up products from my Korres Holiday Kit. The consistency of this is a little lighter than TBS ones but it smells amazing.
- Korres Guava Shower Gel : Review : Like the body butter, this smells great as well!
- The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover : I’m going to keep this mini forever because the bottle is so perfect! As for the remover, it’s very effective and the camomille is so soothing.
- A-Derma Foaming Cleansing Gel : Aha! Trick bottle! It’s actually an old Forest Essential mini that I’ve filled up with the A-Derma cleanser. It’s just a standard foaming cleanser that’s not too drying.
- Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré : I’ve opened this up just recently and I’m loving it. It’s a light daily moisturizer that absorbs quickly and really makes the skin feel smooth and supple.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ : Review : I love this because it’s so affordable and effective. There’s absolutely no greasiness which is last thing you’d want out in the sun.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. : Review : I keep this with me at all times while travelling in case of emergencies. But I actually have a few blemishes on my chin that I need to take care of.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Sand : Review : I repurchased this recently in a shade that’s lighter. I previously had Almond which is a bit more orange. I’m not really tanned at the moment so with Sand I can apply a lot more and I don’t have to worry about it being too dark for me.
- Mac Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NW35 : Review : Have I not spoken about this enough? It’s lightweight, looks very natural and doesn’t crease on me.
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach : Review : While I love the concealer above, I always have to use a corrector to combat greyness.
- Mac Cream Color Base in Improper Copper : Review : I’m trying to take products where I don’t need brushes so it’s all about products I can apply with my fingers. Improper Copper is a beautiful cream highlighter and gives a really nice golden glow.
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder SPF 15 in No. 30 : I’m so glad I finally bought this! I love it a lot! I prefer powders with sheer coverage so it’s perfect for me. I’m not a big powder user but in certain climates I do get oiler on my T-zone. Also, when I feel like going for a lighter base, this + concealer is a great option.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Cheek Balm in Robust Rhubarb : Another easy to use product. It looks insane when you swipe it on but it just blends so easily and sheers out very naturally with no patchiness. Robust Rhubarb is a peachy pink but I’ve love to try more shades!
- Stila Merry Bright Palette : Review : How cute is this eyeshadow palette? I love that it comes with a large mirror and the eyeshadows are great quality. There’s a good matte brown, a rose gold, a plummy brown. For such a short trip, I really don’t need more. It’s also very sleek and compact, thinner than the Lorac Pro!
- Oriflame The One Volume Blast Mascara* : This is the first mascara I’m using that’s not waterproof. It feels very wet and heavy when you first apply it, also prone to smudging at first but after it’s set it really does not budge. It can hold the curl for 3-4 hours and also doesn’t clump. Overall, I do like it, it gives my lashes a naturally enhanced look which I prefer.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers : While I love these, I really want to find good travel ones because it takes up so much space!
- Mac Technakohl in Graphblack : Review : It’s my favourite black eyeliner. It’s creamy, no sharpening required, doesn’t hurt the waterline, doesn’t smudge easily and lasts a very long time!
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette : So I’m getting the hang of using this, I’m not perfect at it. That’s all I’ll say at the moment. I’m glad I have it but I just need more time to form a full opinion on it.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Shadow Pencil in Rehab : Review : I’m trying to use up this eyeshadow pencil and I’m halfway through! It’s a really pretty pearly brown shade. It’s creamy and doesn’t tug while applying on the lid.
- Rimmel Colour Rush Intense Colour Balm in Not an Illusion : It’s a very warm rosy pink. It’s very pigmented and has a glossy finish. It’s not MLBB but a close shade.
- Nars Audacious Lipstick in Grace : Review : I decided I’d take one bold lipstick with me and it had to be Grace. I love the formula and how bright this is. I’ll be reviewing this soon!
- Mac Lipstick in Cosmo : Review : Well, I had to take atleast one nude with me. Cosmo looks a little more pink on me so I’m fine with it.
- Ray Ban Aviators : Of course, can’t go to Goa without a good pair of sunglasses and my black aviators will be keeping me company at all times. They also serve as an under eye concealer for me.
- Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm : Review : I’m going to go against my instinct of carrying tiny products and take the entire tub. I don’t think I can live without it. My lip area is also very sensitive to the sun so while I might not have very dry lips, this helps to soothe the irritation.
- Chanel Chance : I think it’s a fragrance I can wear day or night and for any occasion. It’s powdery but not too grandma. It has a bit of sweet and floral notes as well. Basically I’m not good at describing scents but you’ll just have to take my word for it. I’m glad I bought the tiny bottle because now I can travel with it everywhere and it’s expensive as hell!
There are a couple of things missing. I need to buy travel size shampoo/conditioner and more sunscreen. Also, I’ll only be taking three brushes with me, one for concealer and two for eyeshadow. That’s as compact as I can go!
I won’t be updating my blog while I’m away. I generally schedule posts anyway but this time I just haven’t had the time. See you all in a week! Have a lovely weekend and happy Republic Day (in advance)! ^_^
PS. Sephora is opening up in my city this week! Squeee! ^_^