I guess I should start off with explaining about my skin type! Skip ahead if you’ve heard this a million times already. I basically have dry skin, more so in winters. It’s normal during the monsoons when it’s humid. I don’t really get oily but if it’s a really hot summer day I generally just get a bit of shine on my T-zone. I do get dry patches in winters and exfoliation helps with that. In terms of blemishes, I mainly get them on my chin. They aren’t big painful ones but the type that clear up in 3-4 days. They’re still annoying though because they stand out like a tree in a desert.
I feel comfortable doing this post now because I’m at a place where everything is actually working and I can see the difference. Haven’t had a dry patch in 3 months, haven’t had a blemish in 2 months. In general, I’ve introduced more chemical exfoliation in my routine. I’m also trying my best to keep my PH balanced by avoiding more basic products. All those foam cleansers are out! I’m also avoiding products with alcohol and synthetic fragrances.
Introducing my morning skincare routine!
Cleanse & Tone
- Cleanser : Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk : This has been reformulated as the Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk but from what I hear it’s not too different. I’m still using this up, it’s lasted for a long time. It’s a creamy texture, very moisturising and doesn’t sting my eyes. I initially found this too heavy to use, it took me a while to figure out exactly how much product I needed (not a lot) . It gets rid of every speck of dirt, there’s never any residue on the cotton pad. There’s no need to remove makeup in the morning anyway, so this works perfectly fine. This is a weird advantage but I hope you understand. Generally there’s lot of time between washing my face and getting to the point where I apply moisturizer, this doesn’t make my skin dry in between.
- Toner : Origins Make A Difference Plus + Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion : I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I bought this. A treatment lotion is a bit like a hydrating toner and essence combined in one. Weird to explain but for me it acts like a primer for my moisturizer which lasts better when I have this on. It’s very cooling and refreshing to use on the skin. True indication of how much I like this, it’s already been repurchased.
Moisturize & Protect
- Moisturizer : Origins Make A Difference Plus +Rejuvenating Moisturizer : A companion for my hydrating toner! I’m a bit in love with this. I’ve never felt completely satisfied with any moisturizer I’ve used before, but this one really works for me. The consistency is very light, but it’s still very rich and hydrating. Also sinks in very quickly which is a plus for busy mornings. I started using this in November and it really helped in masking and repairing my dry patches at the time. I don’t need feel any dryness all day.
- Sunscreen : Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry touch Sunblock : Review : This just works so well. I like the smaller size because it’s easy to carry along. I don’t feel like I’m wearing sunscreen when I have this on, it’s not heavy or greasy. There’s no weird film and the natural finish is ideal. Also helps that it’s priced so reasonably!
- Lip Balm : Nuxe Reve de Miel : Review : Even my Eos lip balms are a bit neglected since I bought this. I love the matte-ish finish and how hydrating it is. It also repairs very quickly. It’s well worth the money for the quality and it lasts absolutely ages. I sometimes have lip irritation because of the sun, this takes care of that as well.
That’s all! My evening routine will be up next followed by one on masks and other bits. What’s your routine like?