Hey, I was going to do a full tutorial like I usually do, but my camera ran out of battery and I was too lazy… oops…
So I thought I’d so a quick review. It’s a really simple look, but I’ve used colours I don’t wear often. I was experimenting! Olive and gold is a combination that looks gorgeous against deeper skintones. I was quite in the mood for a dramatic look! I usually don’t use so much of liner.
Hope you like it!
What to Use
1. A neutral olive green shadow. I used Mac Swimming. Yes, I know it isn’t olive green, but I made it work. 😉
2. A bright gold eye shadow like Mac Amber Lights.
3. A dark green eye shadow like Inglot 414. I blended this with Swimming to get an olive colour.
4. Your favourite black kohl. I used Mac Technakohl Liner in Graphblack.
5. Highlight colour like Mac All That Glitters.
What to Do
1. Moisturize and prime your lids. We start off with the olive green eye shadow. Just pat it on right at the center of your lid and pack in a lot of colour there.
2. Use a blending brush and lightly sweep it across the lid. You don’t want to cover the entire lid in the colour. Just keep it to the center but extend on the to ends.
3. Next we use a lovely gold colour and pat it on the inner side of the lid. We then take the dark green and pat it onto the outer corner of the lid.
4. With a tapered brush, take the same dark green half way across the crease in a thin line. If you have very deepset eyes like mine, you can skip this.
5. Now take a trusty blending brush and sweep the inner half of the lid. This is smoothen out the gold to olive transition.
6. Now do the next on the outer half. Also make sure the crease colour blends in well.
7. Take the highlight colour and sweep it across your brow bone.
8. Take your fave liner and draw it on your lashline and waterline. Add a thick liner around your eye. Finally, join the two at the outer corner and draw a little tail! :p
Hope you like the look! I think it’ll look great on festive wear! What dramatic looks do you like?