I have a love hate relationship with beauty boxes. While I always wanted to try the Glossy Boxes of the world, in reality, I just ended up with a bunch of minis I didn’t use. On the other hand I loved using those pretty boxes for storage!
I have reviewed a few beauty boxes a long time ago. I think FabBag used to be Vellvette and I thought I’d review one this month. It’s been a while!
The February 2015 Fab Bag* is centered around the date night theme! Overall, I think it has a good mix of makeup and skincare. Personally, I prefer boxes over bags but it’s useful to store knick knacks.
The contents :
- Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus Nail Colour in Practical Plum (Full Size) : I like the colour, it’s very similar to Nars Orgasm (the nail polish), a peachy pink with a gold sheen.
- Avene D-Pigment (Sample Size) : It’s a spot treatment for dark spots. 3 ml is a very small amount but since it’s a spot treatment it might be worth a couple of uses.
- Kama Mridul Soap Free Face Cleanser (Sample Size) : I have never seen or tried a powder cleanser. This tiny thing is a olive coloured powder that smells like supari (the nice ones). Am I supposed to mix this with water or milk? Either way, I trying this out soon!
- Kama Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream (Sample Size) : Does anyone remember the old Kailash Jeevan cream? It was white, super thick and greasy and my grandma used it all the time. That’s exactly what this smells like, except that it’s butter yellow. I’ve only tried this on my hand and while it’s very thick to apply, it sinks in very quickly.
- LA Splash Lip Couture in Poison Apple (Full Size) : Liquid lipsticks are all the rage and this a new one! It’s a deep red (similar to Hourglass Icon in colour) which takes a bit longer than usual to dry and mattify. I haven’t worn it long enough to judge but it looks great!
I’m glad there are two full size products. How tiny and adorable are the two Kama Ayurveda ones?! I think they’ll be great to travel with.
I’m not a very big advocate of beauty boxes. I used to have a six month subscription around 2 years ago that I got bored with really quickly. With the amount of blogs doing reviews, you can actually know if the box is worth it before you purchase. So take a look and decide for yourself !
For me, beauty boxes are great once in a while, but it’s not something I’d subscribe to on a regular basis. I’m glad this time it worked out well and I can actually use up all the products and discover new ones.
The regular one month bag costs Rs. 599 which isn’t too bad. They also have 3, 6 and 12 month plans which you can see here.
Oh and Happy Valentine’s Day! Or not if you prefer otherwise!
*Provided by PR