July 2013 Link Love
I hope everyone’s enjoying the monsoons! (or not…)
Link Love – To Be Read
1. Time Reborn by Lee Smolin – It’s an incredible book about time and how we still haven’t discovered how it functions, how knowing that would unravel so many things in physics. If you love sci-fi and want non-fiction, this is a great book to read!
Link Love – Beauty & Fashion
1. Wearabout - I don’t know why I haven’t mentioned this blog before. It’s a good street style, photo essay on contemporary India and what he captures goes beyond fashion. It’s in it’s own league and India needs more blogs like this.
Link Love – Tech
I have been gaming way too much for my own good but I thought I’d list my favourites in the last two months here.
1. World of Warcraft – So I started playing WoW in the end of June and omg, I had so many sleepless nights! Which is why I stopped because I was so sleepy when I went to work. Damn you, you’re wonderful to play but so addictive!
2. Candy Crush Saga – You need to get this on your phone, iPad, Fb ASAP. It’s a 3 match game but I just love watching things make combinations and pop!
3. The Room – It’s an iphone/iPad game but it’s just amazing. They’ve used multi touch and gestures in a brilliant way. I don’t want to give anything away but if you like puzzles, mystery then this is right up your alley! It’s really unique!
4. Doors and Rooms – So, after I finished playing The Room, I was immensely addicted and needed to find a similar game. Door and Rooms had the same complexity as The Room minus the graphic quality.
5. Cluedo – Clue is my favourite boardgame ever (after Soctland Yard) and when I saw this app I just had to get it. The gameplay is different but a lot of logic is involved!
P.S. Has anyone seen the movie Clue? It’s hilarious!